Monday, July 9, 2007

Planning trip to Maine, Part 1

We got the rental car around 1 PM on Thursday and were on the road around an hour later. Traffic was okay, not too bad. First on the agenda was to stop at the IKEA in New Haven. Why IKEA? Elderflower syrup. I can't tell you why, yet, but it's wedding related.


We also got some cinnamon rolls. Amy had one. I had the other five. Second stop was in Waltham. Not Amy's house, but Costco. We had to get some supplies for the gift bags we'll be leaving with the hotels. Water, snacks, that sort of thing. Amy went inside and did the shopping, Martin and I stayed outside and played frisbee (I also tried pushing her around in a shopping cart, which she was less enthusiastic about).

We made it up to York at a decently early hour. In fact, we beat Amy's dad John up there, so we just hung around and watched the USA network and drank Bud Lights until he got there. John got there and we chatted about the wedding, and soon Donna made it back from playing Bingo!


The next morning I got up and Martin and I joined John and Maggie (t'other labradoodle) to the beach for about an hour while Amy slept. There was a heavy sea mist which was pretty. There were a lot of dogs around but Martin was mostly interested in the frisbee and barking at me when I wouldn't throw it.

We got back, got Amy up, and set off for parts north...