Sunday, May 13, 2007

We love you Grandma!


Maybe I'll have more to say about this later, but we're sad this weekend because my Grandma died this weekend after a devastatingly (or maybe mercifully) quick bout with cancer. We saw Jerri in February and she gave no indication at all that she was sick. We spent much of the lunch hour at the County Line barbecue (after going to the Cowboy Hall of Fame, pictured) discussing her many and various travel plans for the upcoming months. Memphis, Alaska, Maine, Panama. Drive back to Texas, take some line dancing classes. She had lots of plans. So the cancer changed that, but didn't change at all her character--her buoyancy and her good humor. She kept that to the end.

Maybe the only thing the timing of her death took was she really wanted to go to our wedding in August. Two weeks ago she was showing Amy and Windy outfits she might want to wear. Tonight we're sad about that. We're sad all of you won't be able to meet her. I guess that's the reason why I'm posting this here, because it changes how our wedding will be without her there. Try to tell a silly joke or wear something colorful because that's what she would've done!

So she joins all of our loved ones who will be there in memory. While I'm here, let me say thanks to Amy for driving down my sisters and brother-in-law to see Grandma before she died, and especially to my Mom, who was a rock for Grandma during all of this, and Mark who was a rock for Mom. And thanks to all of you for listening!